- Began in 2006 on behalf of pre-teen, teens, families and professionals
- First of its' kind for caregiving youth in the United States
- Advisory Board of national thought leaders and caregiving advocates
- A repository of information for issues surrounding caregiving youth globally
- Click Here to see how it all started
- Communicate to caregiving youth that they are not alone with this responsibility, here in the United States or in the world
- Prevent negative physical, psychological, emotional and educational ramifications on caregiving youth
- Support youth who carry dual role responsibilities as students & caregivers with skills building, information, education, and resources to assist them in their caregiving role
- Promote the importance, value and worth that the caregiving youth role provides in families, to our society, medical community and the long term care delivery system in the United States.
- Encourage new research on the effects that caregiving has on children
- Provide an avenue for caregiving youth and their families to connect with others in similar situations
- To establish an affiliate network of Caregiving Youth Project Partners throughout the United States
- To work with education systems to find innovative solutions so that caregiving youth can be successful in their academic lives
- To partner with health care in the early identification of caregiving youth and their families
- To replicate within the U.S. system supportive program tools using the models of success in the United Kingdom & Australia
- To provide resources for pre-teens, teens, families and professionals about issues and help for caregiving youth
- To create a web-based network of counseling, support and skills building for caregiving youth
- To educate professionals about caregiving ramifications on student development and achievement
- To connect into support networks already in place for caregivers
- To sponsor respite relief including camp for caregiving youth
FUNDING IS ALWAYS A CHALLENGE FOR ALL NOT-FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
See our 501(c)3 Information below
Please help us financially so the hidden population of caregiving youth becomes visible as a vital resource within our society!
All donations are tax-deductible!....Visa and Mastercards are accepted!....In-Kind donations are also welcomed!
All donations are
or 800-725-2512 to donate today
|Make your check payable to AACY and mail to:
American Association of Caregiving Youth (AACY)
1515 N. Federal Hwy.
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Our kids need school stuff!
American Association of Caregiving Youth, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 Florida Corporation. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION (#CH12431) AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.